Senior front-end engineer
Helicon builds software for energy companies and startups with energy-related products (e.g ABB, Polarium, Stockholm Exergi). Our experienced software engineers and data scientists specialize in product development, data engineering, and cloud infrastructure.
A typical project includes some kind of data infrastructure (where we use tools like: Kubernetes, Airflow, PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, InfluxDB, Kafka), a machine learning component (typically built around Spark and Tensorflow), APIs and software to facilitate communication between services (e.g. Python, FastAPI, Django, Kafka, RabbitMQ), and UIs where end-users can operate the system and visualize data and analyses (e.g. React, ThreeJS, WebGL).
The front-end components of our systems vary from administration panels and analytical dashboards, to complex 3d-based digital twins.
- You’re super-passionate about code, technology, and user experience.
- You’re empathetic about – and understand the needs of – the customer.
- You enjoy discovering, defining, and solving problems.
- You’re excited to learn and eager to teach.
- You make pragmatic scoping decisions and are able to explain why the team is
doing something a certain way.
- You work with your team to tackle technical challenges and to level up in the
- You can theorize and think in abstractions, but understand the importance of
getting things done.
- You strike a balance between moving fast and creating scalable and
- 7+ years experience with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- You know the ins and outs of React.
- You write high quality code that is easy to read, understand, and test.
- Strong understanding of git and version control in general.
- You’ve spent many hours thinking about the best way to manage state in
- Strong opinions on how to best connect applications with external APIs.
- Fundamental understanding of application profiling and performance
- Ability to build applications that are fed large amounts of data but remain
- Leadership experience and strong communication skills.
- WebGL, related libraries, and 3d-programming in general.
- An eye for design and knowledge of current design trends and UX best
- Understanding of data visualization methods and information communication.
- Create and maintain React component libraries, data visualization components,
and application frameworks.
- Provide mentoring and push the team forward in terms of front-end development
- Rapidly and precisely plan and execute front-end application development
- Perform positive code reviews and provide meaningful feedback.
- Build and lead front-end development teams and initiatives.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
We hire self-motivated people and trust them to do the right things. Our belief is that autonomy improves learning, increases the velocity we deliver software and is a key driver for happiness in the workplace.
People have a life outside work, with families, friends, and commitments. To make it easier to juggle, everyone has six weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and decides to work remote, from the office, or something in between.
Helicon is a fast-growing team of friendly, helpful, and smart people. While we're growing fast, we maintain a casual, small business work environment that allows everyone to have a say in the company's direction.
No matter who you ask at Helicon, we all share a love for learning new things and sharing that knowledge with others. If you ask a question on Slack, it will not take you long to get a stream of answers. When you join our team, choose one of our four knowledge guilds, get a mentor and do our Helicon hell program if you’re up for it.
Consultants are often regarded as resources that work out of the clients' facilities and can be used to tackle whatever tasks come their way. We're not that kind of consultants. We're a team, and we work together to solve our clients' hardest problems in the best possible way. We help define the requirements, design the solutions, and work closely with the clients to deliver in bi-weekly increments.